2018 Scag SCZ61V-29CV-EFI
Call for Price
The Scag Cheetah is the fastest and most comfortable cat in the Scag family.
Clocking in at speeds up to 16 mph and featuring a coil-over shock suspension system, the Cheetah is truly a remarkable zero-turn mower.
The Operator Suspension System isolates the operator platform via a coil-over shock and provides additional comfort via rubber iso-mounts. This innovative, adjustable system soaks up the bumps and keeps things simple with only three moving parts.
The ZT-5400 transaxles have two-speeds, Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). The large 15 gallon fuel capacity (dual tanks) keeps you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long.
From the heavy-duty, Tri-Plate Velocity Plus™ side discharge cutter decks and the 61" Velocity Plus™ Rear Discharge Decks, to the various high-power engine options, there's a Cheetah that will increase your productivity and leave your competition in the dust!
Contact your local Scag dealer for a field demonstration today. The Cheetah is pure Scag quality with ultra-fast ground speeds, a soft ride and a cut that is "Simply the Best." The Scag Cheetah equals productivity. Check out our social media page and our testimonials page to see what real Scag customers are saying about their Scag mowers.
- Operator Suspension System isolates the operator foot and seat platform via a coil-over shock and rubber iso-mounts. The operator platform (seat and foot plate) are suspended to deliver a smooth ride, with only three moving parts (front pivot, rear pivot and shock...that's it!). In addition to the platform, Quick-Fit control levers and 3-position deck lift foot pedal combine to provide unprecedented levels of adjustability and ergonomics.
- Up to 16 MPH ground speeds keep productivity at a maximum. Two-speed, ZT-5400 transaxles = Low Range (up to 12MPH) and High Range (up to 16MPH). High Range is perfect for traveling from job site to job site in an industrial park or subdivision or for transport back to the trailer. High Range can be used for cutting in less demanding conditions, like late season cutting, laying patterns or cutting dry grass. Most general cutting is best performed in Low Range.
- Choose a 61" or 72" Velocity Plus™ cutter deck and match that with a Kawasaki FX series, Kohler EFI or Briggs Vanguard Big Block engine.
- Tri-Plate cutter deck top is incredibly strong. .485" deck top thickness from three separate layers of steel (7ga., 10ga, and 11ga.)
- Choose a 61" Velocity Plus™ Rear Discharge cutter deck and match that with a 31hp Kawasaki FX
- Dual fuel tanks, 15 gallon total capacity keep you in the field cutting grass. Fill up in the morning and cut all day long. Fuel tanks are positioned low, enhancing the mower's low center-of-gravity and giving it excellent hillside stability.
- Tiger Eye Advanced Monitoring System keeps a constant, real-time "eye" on important system functions on your Scag Cheetah. Depending on engine selection, a wide variety of systems are monitored in real-time, giving you valuable information in just a glance, right from the operator's seat. Backlit panel makes viewing easy in all conditions.
- Double tube steel main frame construction delivers superior strength and ensures years of trouble free service. This design is much stronger than "bolt together" frame designs. The main frame was designed for an ultra-low center-of-gravity to increase hillside stability.
- The Ogura GT5 PTO Clutch Brake delivers up to 350 ft. lbs. of starting and stopping torque. Adjustable air gap ensures long component life and reduced maintenance costs. Other brands of electric clutch do not have adjustable air-gaps and once they are out of adjustment, they must be replaced. GT3.5 clutch with 250 ft. lbs. of torque is used on the 27HP Kawasaki FX powered 61" Cheetah's.
- Heavy-duty blade drive spindles provide reliable performance season after season. The Scag spindle easily handles the high horsepower and torque requirements of this powerful mower. Three year limited warranty.
- Standard equipment auxiliary canister air filter system on all Cheetahs. This provides increased service intervals and longer engine life.
- Easily adjust cutting heights from the seat with the convenient, easy to lift, 3-position adjustable foot pedal. Wide range of adjustment from 1.25" to 5" in 1/4" increments.
- Custom-Cut Baffle allows you to customize the cutter deck to your individual cutting conditions.
- Deck leveling adjustment bracket allows for easy in-the-field deck leveling adjustment.
- Quick-Fit steering control levers with dual steering dampers for smooth, precise responsiveness. Steering levers are adjustable (without tools) to fit a wide range of operator sizes, increasing operator comfort.
- The steering dampers have three mounting positions (requires tools) to customize the resistance on the steering levers.
- Custom, high-back, bolstered seat adds another level of comfort to the Scag Cheetah.
- Foldable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) is standard equipment and easily fits into enclosed trailers. ROPS provides additional operator safety. Retractable seatbelts for added convenience. The low-hinge point ROPS design folds away without adding height or length to the mower when traveling under trees or low overhangs.
- Extra large 24 inch drive tires and up to 13 x 6.5 - 6 caster wheels ensure better traction, less turf tearing and easy curb climbing.
- Flat-Free front caster tires virtually eliminate downtime and expense caused by flat front tires.
- Tapered roller bearings are utilized in the front caster wheels and in the caster pivots for durability and reduced maintenance. Low profile dust caps on the caster yoke pivots resist damage from impacts and foreign objects.
- The front caster extension is replaceable in the event of damage from an impact.
- "Split-Steel" pulleys are used on load carrying areas like the cutter deck spindles and pump drive systems. Split steel pulleys are stronger than cast iron or stamped pulley designs. Our pulleys are strong for long life and lightweight for reduced inertia and decreased wear on the cutter deck drive system, including the PTO clutch.
- No plastic pulleys - Some [other brands] actually use plastic pulleys on their mowers. Not Scag. All Scag pulleys are made from metal. Plastic is for toys.
- High-quality bearings and bearing debris guard on idler pulleys ensure long, reliable service.
- Flip-up footplate panel for access to center blade spindle, blade bolt and the top of the cutter deck.
- Operator friendly instrument panel includes an ammeter, ignition switch, mower engagement switch, separate choke and throttle controls. The hour meter is conveniently located in the instrument panel.
- User-friendly mower design allows quick, clean access to the engine and filters, for easy maintenance. Rear hood and access panels require no tools to swing out of the way for access.
- Spring loaded idler arms effortlessly keep belts in constant, optimum adjustment for maximum life and minimum maintenance.
- Excellent hillside stability due to an exceptionally low center-of-gravity and extra wide stance.
- The Scag "Simply the Best" commercial warranty stands behind you and your mower for years of profitable service.
- Marbain cutter blades stay sharp longer for reduced maintenance.
- High quality electrical components such as switches, wiring and harness looms are used throughout the Scag mower line for trouble-free service. In-line sealed fuses are easily accessible should they need to be replaced.
- Digital hour meter displays maintenance reminders to help ensure that routine service is completed. The hour meter only runs when the engine is running for more accurate recording of operation time.
- There are many time saving, money making accessories for the Cheetah like the Tiger Striper lawn striping kit, spindle driven grass catchers,halogen light kits and more.
- 3-Bag Collection Systems: 3- Bag Collection Systems are perfect for easy dumping into containers or the back of a truck. 16-bushel capacity. High-performance, all-steel blower.
- Clam-Shell Collection System: Dump from the seat collection systems ideal for on site or tarp dumping. 12-bushel capacity. High-performance, all-steel blower.
- Tiger Striper: Spring-loaded lawn striper. Create beautiful lawn patterns to set your work apart.
- Hurricane Plus Mulching System: Complete mulching systems with individual chambers for the best possible mulching performance.
- Mulch Plate: Discharge opening block-off plates for 52", 61" and 72" Cutter Decks.
- Halogen Light Kit: Two super bright halogen lights deliver 38 watts each for a total of 76 watts of lighting power. All required wiring and brackets included.
- OCDC: Operator Controlled Discharge Chute allows you to quickly and easily block off the discharge chute while mowing.
- Chrome Wheel Covers: 12" chrome wheel covers will add 2MPH to your Scag mower....ok, maybe not. But they look awesome!
- Blade Buddy: Slide the Blade Buddy over the end of your cutter blades during blade changes to keep the blade from turning.
- Trailer Hitch: Use your Scag mower to tow attachments or a cart to haul debris. 250 lb. limit.
- Cup Holder: Bolt-on cup holder for operator convenience
- Cutter Blades: Scag offers a number of unique cutter blades to tackle any job or condition.
- Tiger Eye: Air Filter Monitor: Plugs into your wire harness and Tiger Eye to monitor and keep a constant real time "eye" on the status of your machine's air filter.
- Description: 61" Velocity Plus™ Cutter Deck, 29hp Kohler EFI fuel injected, air-cooled engine
- Length: 85.5 in.
- Width (chute down): 73.5 in.
- Width (chute in transport position): 62.75 in.
- Weight: 1350 - 1365 lb.
- Height (ROPS up): 67 in.
- Height (ROPS folded): 49.5 in.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 29 hp
- Engine Type
- Wheel Size
- Drive: 24 in.; Caster: 13 x 6.5 - 6
- Deck Size
- 61 in.